In order to keep track of projects which would prevent Ireland from reaching our necessary climate targets, Not Here Not Anywhere are compiling a database of relevant projects from all 32 local councils, as well as strategic infrastructure developments from An Bord Pleanála and DECC consultations.
The database of relevant projects can be seen here.
We need as many people as possible to object to these projects unless they can be undertaken in a way that does not increase our emissions impact.
Please see the guidelines on how to submit below.
Note: Projects in grey have passed their submission deadline so you should not write submissions for them.
Projects in red have a submission deadline in the next 2 weeks.
To help develop your submission, you might find our recent template submission to Clare County Council useful.
If you’re objecting to a Fossil Gas Power Plant then you may find our submission to a gas plant in Galway helpful.
Futureproof Clare have also provided a template in relation to an August 2021 planning application for a data centre in Co.Clare.
Use these examples, along with our data centre briefing to develop your submission and submit to the public consultation before the date indicated by the council.
For a detailed guide to submission, see the walkthrough from Phoebe Duvall, Planning Officer, An Taisce, at our webinar – from 39 minutes in this video.
Notes on submitting
- Personalise your submission as much as you can. Please do use our template as a guide and reference but if you have time add in your own views and ideas as this will be more positively received by the council.
- You can send your submission by email to the address provided by the council.
- Payment of €20 is required for local council applications and you can pay this by card over the phone or send a cheque.
- Payment of €50 is required for Strategic Infrastructure Development submissions with An Bord Pleanála.
- Don’t forget to check the submission date straight away – this should be 5 weeks after the planning application is lodged.